Sunday, March 20, 2011

Entertainment-on-demand

Delta Airlines On Demand Entertainment

The report item that I reflected on was the E-Commerce with a focus on entertainment on demand. When I look at my Netflix account, I see all of the capabilities that I enjoy on demand. As long as I have a connection on my computer or HDTV, I can access any video, television show or movie that is available in their library. I can even view a movie that I want while my kids view one in another room without movie piracy issues. While the article mentions application downloads by Apple for videos and music content, the items are still protected so that they can be licensed to one device. If I purchase a song or video, I should be able to watch it on any device I wish, I own the download. The article goes on to state that BitTorrent is organizing the entertainment industry to deliver movies and TV shows online while Turner Entertainment is using holographic discs to store movies. Technology Forecasts by experts with a 80% confidence: From Promise to Mainstream by suggest that major improvements in online entertainment availability will take off over the next three years. With the scalability of IT frameworks, it will only be a matter of time before we see the disappearance of modern day cable television.

No comments:

Post a Comment